1. Yesterday we had a snow day, so I Mr. Branflake and I headed out to dinner with some friends and then watched the Theory of Everything at their house. I can't believe it's taken us this long to see it. I mean, he's a physicist and has actually read A Brief History in Time and studied everything Hawking wrote about. Right now on our bookshelf we have Hawking, Penrose, Godel, and all the other big names in physics and now I finally feel cool about it.
I'm joking. I've always been proud of my astro-physicist. Sometimes I lovingly referred to him as my astrologist and he loves that.
2. I got a fitbit, so now I can track all the thousands of steps I take when I teach or have to walk through a Whole Foods parking lot on a Friday night.
3. I've been craving nothing but avocados this week. Pan frying them in coconut oil with a fried egg on top is heaven. Heaven. It's all healthy fat, so now I'm patiently waiting for my eye lashes to grow thicker and my stomach to get smaller.
4. That's my new laptop above. It's long overdue. I think it was three years ago when we started budgeting for it and it took me that long to figure out what I wanted. It's true what they say: "Once you go Mac, you won't go back."
5. I made some delicious chicken noodle soup using the plethora of leftover carrots from a Peter Rabbit gender reveal party I co-hosted. One pot has been feeding me this week and it's been so nice to have something quick and warm when I come home at night. I'll post the recipe soon.
Have a fabulous weekend!